The loaf is ‘Gluten Sensitive’ due to a natural herbal additive and unique processing method. Dusted with rice flour, this is a delicious loaf suitable for everyone except those with severe gluten intolerance.
SOL Breads and BIOHAWK have worked together to produce the first commercial EasyGest bakery products with digested gluten.
I’m gluten intolerant; can I eat EasyGest bread?
Regular customers sensitive to gluten have eaten EasyGest bakery products and report they have not had any of their usual symptoms. Extensive laboratory studies have confirmed the digestion of the gluten proteins in wheat and other cereal grains contained in products labelled EasyGest.
However, no guarantee can be given that some people who are extremely sensitive to gluten will not exhibit some of their symptoms.
I suffer with coeliac disease; can I eat EasyGest bread?
The EasyGest varieties are not ‘Gluten Free’. SOL Breads also produce the yummiest range of Gluten Free breads. Click here to view the range.
If you are unsure always check with your health practitioner.
What does it taste like?
Our EasyGest loaves taste just like normal white, light sourdough bread; some people may experience a very slight ginger taste.
How am I able to eat a product containing wheat?
BIOHAWK’s special proprietary blend of ginger rhizomes is designed by nature to be able to digest gluten and related proteins in wheat and other flours and reduce the risk of a gluten intolerant reaction.
Are any chemicals added?
No, EasyGest products are 100% natural.
How are the Biohawk gingers added to the bread making process?
BIOHAWK gingers are introduced from the beginning of the leavening process working with the natural leavening microbes to break down the complex carbohydrates and proteins to lighten and soften the dough and to digest the gluten proteins at every stage of the bread making process.
The longer dough fermentation Sol Breads is famous for, in the presence of the BIOHAWK gingers, releases the nutrients for more efficient digestion early in the digestive tract protecting the immune system and allowing the nutrients to be metabolized as intended by nature.
For more information visit www.biohawk.com.au
What health benefits should I expect?
• Regular customers of our EasyGest products report no bloating, rashes, heart burn or other symptoms relating to gluten intolerance, and a more ‘alive’ feeling.
• Longer dough fermentation in the presence of the BIOHAWK gingers releases the nutrients for more efficient digestion early in the digestive tract protecting the immune system and allowing the nutrients to be metabolized as intended by nature.
• Sourdough bread is a low GI food assisting in weight control by improving appetite control and delaying hunger.
• SOL’s organic grains are grown without the use of chemicals, so your body does not ingest harmful substances that can burden the immune system.
• Stone ground flours have their nutrients fully available as they are not subjected to heat during the milling process.